This is just one of them. With the intention of adding more specific and specialized documents to this subcommittees have been created for editing content.
We are changing the world. Absolutely.
Meanwhile politicians who represent us are still there vomiting and lurching legislating about our lives. This is why I write here are some steps you can easily understand and apply now. We will be in the street to get it.
Ojo! This document is a minimum. In fact, what we want is much larger.
So we’ll know the mayors and full to be elected the next day, the 22nd. demand of them point by point as follows, starting from point 1.
1 – No more privileges for politicians, starting in Barcelona:
- Drastic cuts in the pay of politicians and comparing it to the salary of the average population
- Removing privileges on tax payments, allowances, and pension during contribution years (only in Barcelona this would save half a million euros per month minimum).
- Prohibition of pension exceeding the maximum pension provided for other citizens.
- Abolition of his legal immunity and limitations for cases concerning corruption. Cessation of this and corrupt politicians.
2 – No more privileges for bankers:
- Prohibition of any kind of bailout or capital injection to banks and savings banks: those institutions in difficulty should fail or be nationalized to form a public bank under social control.
- Return immediately to transparency concerning public funds from banks all provided with public capital.
- Regulation of speculation and penalties to the bank guilty of malpractice. Ban on investment in tax havens.
- All the properties acquired by foreclosure stay in socially rented to families evicted.
3. No more privileges for the super-rich:[This is to implicate the 5% tax cut that was applied for by the officials in the 50 largest fortunes to solve the deficit problem of the Spanish State]
- Increase the tax rate on large fortunes and banks. Elimination of the Investment Company Capital Variable (SICAV).
- No to the elimination of inheritance tax. Recovery of property tax.
- Real and effective control of tax evasion and capital flight to tax havens.
- Promoting international adoption of a tax on financial transactions (Tobin tax).
4. Living wages and quality of life for everyone:
- The economy in the service of people and not vice versa
- Establishment of a maximum wage as well as a minimum.
- Reduction of the day so that everyone can enjoy, think and reconcile their personal and working life, no reduction in pay. This reduction in day-length will allow a sharing of tasks that end with structural unemployment.
- Withdrawal of pension reform.
- Job security: the impossibility of collective dismissals for objective reasons in large companies while there are benefits; large audit of companies to ensure that temporary workers are not working jobs that could be permenant.
- Considering pay for domestic, reproductive and care work.
5. RIGHT TO HOUSING:
- Expropriation of disused houses that have not been sold the market to increase public housing in socially rented spaces.
- Declaration that cities are free of foreclosures and evictions of occupied or unoccupied and unused houses.
- Penalty for mobbing practices.
- Foreclosed homes to cancel mortgages. Retroactively pay from the beginning of the crisis.
- Prohibition of speculation.
6. QUALITY PUBLIC SERVICES:
- Withdrawal of the cuts proposed by the Government of the Generalitat. Withdrawal austerity plans and cuts that affect the public services at a national, European and global level.
- Reinstatement of the services have been cut in health and education
- Increased health personnel and infrastructure to eliminate waiting lists.
- Increase in faculty and infrastructure to ensure the ratio of students per classroom, more transition groups and support groups.
- To ensure truly equal opportunities for access to all levels of education, regardless of socio-economic background. Allocate public resources to public education only. Secular and quality education.
- Public funding of research to ensure its independence.
- Economically affordable, quality public transportation that is environmentally sustainable to all people (this point has not been agreed. MISSING DISCUSSION / DEBATE)
- Utilities and free child care for people with special health care needs
- Prohibition of privatization of public services
- Submit our NATO membership referendum
7. FREEDOM AND PARTICIPATORY DEMOCRACY:
- Stop controling the Internet. Sinde Abolition Act.
- Protection of freedom of information and investigative journalism and its independence. Removing legal barriers preventing the exercise of the right of issuing free and non-profit community media. Elimination of de facto monopolies airwaves.
- Using free software in public institutions to adapt to the digital age with sustainable costs.
- Withdrawal of the ordinance of citizenship: the removal of any ordinance that restricts freedoms of movement and expression.
- Mandatory referendums in binding the wide-ranging issues (including organic laws and European directives).
- Elimination of the raids on migrants, removal of the immigration law and closing the detention centers for foreigners (CIE). Full rights for migrants.
- Amendment of Electoral Act …. (This point has not been agreed. MISSING DISCUSSION / DEBATE)
- Establishment of effective mechanisms to ensure internal democracy in political parties: open lists, direct election of the council … (This point has not been agreed. MISSING DISCUSSION / DEBATE)
- Participatory budgeting approved by citizenship.
- The economic system can not be based on unlimited growth. This is not sustainable.
- Food sovereignty, development of agriculture for the farmers, not corporations. Promotion of agro-ecological agriculture. Suspension of GMO based on the precautionary principle, to resolve uncertainties about the impacts on the environment and health. For agrarian reform.
- Responsible consumption and fair trade. Prevent monopolies in the distribution ensuring access for all producers.
- With all these measures and others, to achieve reduction targets for CO2 emissions that go beyond the Kyoto Protocol. For a real climate justice.